The idea is to have filters that cover all the possibilities:
Example: I have 20 tasks:
- 5 tasks with context blue
- 2 tasks with context yellow
- 3 tasks with context green
- 2 tasks with context blue and yellow
- 2 tasks with context blue, yellow and green
- 6 tasks without context.
I would like to be able to make the following filters (all possibilities).
- Filter by blue: 9 tasks.
- Filter by yellow: 6 tasks.
- Filter by green: 5 tasks.
- Filter by blue and yellow: 4 tasks.
- Filter by blue, yellow and green: 2 tasks.
- Filter by blue, yellow and not green: 2 tasks.
- Filter by blue and not yellow: 5 tasks.
- Filter by blue and not green: 7 tasks.
- Filter by …
- Filter by NO Context: 6 tasks.
I analyze the current filtering options in areas, context, due date and labels:
- In areas you can filter by unassigned area. I would not add anything,
- In contexts, I have no way to filter all those tasks that do not have an assigned context, I can not do multiple filters at the same time and I cant do negative filtering.
- In due date, I cant filter for those tasks that do not have a deadline.
- In labels it is the same case than contexts.
In my opinion I would add:
- Multiple filtering (AND) in contexts and labels (positive and negative).
- Add the filter: Has not due date.