Formatting in the Description/notes

I don’t know/did not find how to format the description of tasks on everdo, and I think it is a great feature that improves readability and usage.

For example, if an user would like to create an indent, something like “:ind” would do the job, Maybe :b for bold and :i for italic. This would follow the same pattern of the newly introduced inline commands. Maybe also changing “-” for a checklist to :- (?)

I know Everdo is NOT a note-taking app, but having a little formatting laying around for whenever needed always comes in handy.

ADD: Formatting controls in task and note descriptions

I see what you mean. There have been suggestions to support a small subset of Markdown syntax. I think it’s a good idea to have this option, particularly for lists, code blocks and bold/italic text. But it’s a nice-to-have priority at this moment compared to some other things in the backlog.

By the way, this forum supports markdown as well, so anyone can try it out in the editor window when typing a reply (there’s a side-by-side preview).

+1 wait for this feature

As a user, I would like to be able to use simple formatting controls (bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, url links, quote text, ordered lists, unordered lits, etc) in the description field of tasks and notes so that my text is easier to read and understand.

Thanks!