Global keyboard shortcut to quickly add a new task to my inbox?

Is there a global shortcut in the desktop app I can use to quickly add a new todo item from anywhere? Because it happens quite often that I’m working and then I remember something I need to do and I want to add that without having to leave what I’m currently working on. Is this possible? Kind of like how Nozbe have CTRL+ALT+P that brings up UI to add a todo from anywhere (I want to switch to this since I want to have my Todo’s encrypted! :))

Hmm, there doesn’t seem to be any global hotkey to add new tasks? Or am I missing that?

If by global you mean at OS level, then no. But this feature has been suggested before and it’s in the backlog, waiting to be implemented.

1 Like

Hi,

Can I dredge up a little subject matter? That would be an interesting feature. Let’s even imagine something extra: if I capture a task from another open application, I get the name(title) of that application as a note of my todo :thinking:

As an update, the global shortcut feature has moved to the development scope.

Regarding the ability to capture the title of another application, I’m no sure it’s possible in general.