This topic is to track progress of development and testing of the Everdo app for iOS.
PM me on forum or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get an invite code. Don’t forget to specify your email address. Note that the current build targets iOS 11+.
What should work in the current build / things to test
- Inbox view
- Item capture (to inbox)
- Item editing: title, description, focus, complete/uncomplete
- ESS syncing (incremental and pull)
- Navigation section (drawer menu)
- Navigation between lists and projects
- Direct navigation between project items and projects
- Clickable links in descriptions
- Correct item layout in all lists with all data visible
- Global filtering of items by Area
- Moving an item between lists: Inbox, Next, etc
- Assigning items to a parent Project/Notebook
- Assigning tags to an item
- Setting start date and due date
- Moving to Trash (deleting)
Major incomplete features / next priorities
- Complete item editor (Repeating dialog, contact selection, time/energy)
- Tag editor and tag creation
- Scheduling/Repeating (now works via sync, but not autonomously)
- Network syncing (client mode)
- Navigation drawer is missing the tags section
- As always, backup your existing data.
- Install the app via TestFlight using the code you get on email.
- Go to in-app settings and configure ESS sync: sign in, set encryption key. Refer to ESS help page or ask here if this step is not clear.
- Peform a pull or a clean pull to fetch all of your existing data and add it to the iOS device
- (optional) Enable auto-sync. You should see sync status changing in real time if enabled. Otherwise, sync can be triggered via pull-down in any item view or with “Sync Once” button in settings.