Repeating projects

Tasks can already be set to repeating; it would be a nice touch if Projects can as well.

It’s a great way to make a set of actions repeating without having to set the repeat on each individual item.

The additional benefit of this is that repetition becomes dependent on completing the project (“repeat when last action is complete”)

Multi-select and edit items in bulk

I understand the solution, but not the problem.

What would be a real-life example of a project like this, where a simple scheduled checklist would not work even better?

I’m thinking of a project more as an “outcome” rather than a predefined series of steps.

I’m experimenting with checklist but see that the difference is time.

Example of a checklist: Daily/Weekly Review. 1 “thing”, 10 steps.

Example of a sequential, recurring project in time broken up into multiple deferred tasks: dust the house. One room or area every 2 days, 5 rooms/areas to go. In this case you want: 1 action at a time to appear in Focus – not a list of all the things you’re not going to do today. Once you’ve checked off the last item you want the project to repeat.

Recurring projects I have this way:

• Household tasks
  • Christmas (I need to start doing specific things, but not all things, in November)
  • Winter preparation (again, I need to do specific things but not all of them)
  • Travel (I travel twice a year and need to go through specific actions in time)

So the answer distilled from above is actually: for things that require more than one physical action to complete, a Project (a stake in the ground, a placeholder) is required. Otherwise anything that requires multiple actions could, instead of a project, be a simple checklist. We don’t do that, we make a project. It’s the same logic. Otherwise asking to have Projects would be solved by using checklists instead.

All right, I see. Can relate to the travel planning example.