"All" Tasks view

I want a view where I can see all projects, notes, and tasks in a single view. It is possible in MyLifeOrganized and OmniFocus.

It’s difficult to make a convincing argument for why this is needed, because it’s probably partly psychological. The calm of being able to see the big picture. Being able to see the status of every project. During review it’s possible to click on each individual project, review, then click on the next. That sounds sufficient. But for some reason it isn’t.

There is the “Projects” list, which is almost there, but it doesn’t include tasks under the project! (Although it does include project notes, which is very nice).

See the screenshot of what I’m thinking of.

Some might see this as unneeded or low priority, but for some people I think it helps put the “trusted” in “truted system.”

of2-project-outline

So basically you would like a list of projects with all sub-tasks displayed?

So basically you would like a list of projects with all sub-tasks displayed?

Exactly. That is a much more succinct way to phrase it. :slight_smile:

Here is what can be done.

We already have an “All” list - you can click “All” label under Tags and view every non-archived item which exists is in the current area.

The problem with this view is that it doesn’t group items by project/notebook.

To improve this, we can add a view switch that will change how the items are presented (grouped/ungrouped).

This can work for other lists as well, not just “All”.

What do you think?

Sounds great! It’s nice it would be able to be used in other lists, too! Would it work in the starred focus/today view as well?

I don’t see why it would not work.