Calendar apps have no alarms, only notifications. What do you do?

I use Everdo for untimed next actions and a calendar app for time-specific commitments like meetings, calls, appointments. By time-specific, I mean hard landscape items that have to be attended at a specific time.

The problem is that calendar apps only give a single notification sound that plays once for a second. That’s easy to miss, because when I’m focused on something, I might not hear it.

The clock app has real alarms, but that means manually creating an alarm for each event, every day. That’s effective, but not efficient. And I’d rather not add a third app, because it either duplicates what’s already in my calendar or becomes an additional app that I need to think about. I am wondering if there’s something simple that others do, that I am missing.

What do you use to get reminded about events you need to attend at a specific time?

I use a calendar app called acalendar (Android) and it allows multiple alarms per event. Other apps may provide similar options.

Thank you for introducing me this calendar app. Having an alarm is great, having multiple alarms is even greater. Most calendar apps only have play-one-second-long-sound notifications, some have multiple notifications, but no alarms.