Choosing the hour when a scheduled item starts appearing as a Next item

There is a 5-minute task that I complete toward the end of each day. So I created it as a scheduled item that repeats daily, and each day it shows up in the next and the focus section, and stays there until I mark it as completed.

The thing is that this 5-minute task only needs to be completed anytime after 8pm. It doesn’t need to be completed exactly at 8pm, but anytime after 8pm and before going to bed.

If I put it on a calendar at 8pm, I might not be in the right place, right context to complete it at 8pm each day. So I determined it’s not for the calendar, because it’s not high enough priority in order to become a fixed-timeslot calendar event. But I also don’t need it listed in the Next section all day along with the other items in the Next section.

It would be great if I could set this scheduled item to start displaying among the other Next items only after 8pm arrives each day. This way, I won’t have to look at or think about this item when looking at the Next item section during the day, and only see it anytime after 8pm, because some days I might be able to complete it at 8:15pm, some at 9pm, some at 9:30pm.

Do any of you have any tasks that are irrelevant until a certain time period of a day, but are also not a fixed-timeslot calendar event?

Yes I have a similar situation where sometimes I have recurring tasks or one-offs that aren’t relevant until a certain point in the day, and I have had the same thought that setting a time would be useful

Me too! I absolutely wished in the past for a function like this. I have a lot of tasks that are due in the afternoon and are not relevant in the morning, so they clutter my Next and Focus list unneccessarily. I solved this partialy with tags like “morning”, “afternoon” etc. But because it’s not possible to hidde based on tags it’s not ideal.

The same goes for scheduled tasks. There it would be great also to choose a time in addition to only a date.