Create a task via email

Any plans to have a task creation option via email? Nozbe, another GTD app I use has this and it is a very useful feature when trying to get to inbox zero.

m

4 Likes

I don’t see an easy way to accomplish this without a centralized server, which we don’t have at this moment (by design).

On the other hand, when the encrypted sync service gets released (hopefully in a few months), this may become possible.

1 Like

How about now? Is this in the books? I like this platform for is encryption but email tasks are really important to me.

It can’t be done sooner because it needs the sync service to work. Without the sync service there’s simply no way to push items to your device.

How soon might this happen? Weeks, months, or next year? I’m using ESS, and it seems to be working fine. What other benchmarks need to be met before adding a task via email is possible?

It will still take a while, unfortunately. At least until the iOS app is more or less done, there’s simply no capacity to deal with complex features like this one.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the update.

Definitely, this one should be on the improvements list.

In Android just hitting the share button from my email app let’s me send the email as a task in Everdo inbox.

Todoist let’s me forward the email to a task which is essentially the same thing.

I’m guessing that the problem is that there is no easy way to do this in the desktop version.

If you consider this feature one day, it would be great to bcc an Everdo adress to put task on waiting for list like wf@everdo.user.com

1 Like