Everdo Desktop Update 1.2.14- Everdo

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://everdo.net/blog/update-1-2-14/
1 Like

setting to ignore SSL errors

How to set the property to start ignoring ssl errors?

Settings → Sync → Encrypted sync settings

There are only username, password and device name to setup. Nothing else.

Right, I think it’s hidden unless the ESS sync is actually configured. This setting was added for ESS users who have trouble syncing from within some corporate networks.

I see the issue though if the login doesn’t work as well… In this case you’d still have to sign in on a network where sign in works and then enable the setting.

There’s also the option to add "strictSSL":false to app configuration file (config.json). That would do exactly the same as using the UI setting.

In any case, this is obviously a mistake and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Wow, sync is very fast and reliable using VPN with latest version. Previous version failed.
Great update!

Thanks for the option. It works great behind a corporate proxy.

I’m a bit confused about Contexts. I have a strong feeling that in previous versions every time when I typed @something in a task title, the appropriate context was assigned to it. In this version, nothing is assigned. I looked through documentation and did not find anything about auto-context tags… Was it actually implemented before?

No, it definitely never worked that way.

Do you plan to add an option / panel to group tags ?

I have a lot of tags and it’s not easy actually to display all.

How would that work?

Maybe a “tags” button to open a windows to display all tags available for the current screen.

You can have two part for this window :

• first part for current active tags even if the screen don’t have it (to easily remove it)
  • second part for tags available for this screen.

This way you don’t have all tags display at the top of lists.

I actually love the way tags are shown at the top and able to toggle on and off and even hide.

Great design.

2 Likes