Everdo Desktop Update 1.2.17- Everdo

I was able to reproduce this. As a temporary workaround, click anywhere in the right side of the app. Also, j/k for up/down movement is not affected. Thank you for taking the time to report. It will be fixed in the next update if possible.

There is a strange behavior when we use only the keyboard to add a new task.
Press ‘n’ to open a new task dialog window
Write title and press ‘tab’ to switch to tags section
Choose a tag and press ‘esc’ to quit focus from this section
Press ‘enter’ to close and save a new task

A new task is created but when we press the final enter key than the very first task on the list is opened to edition. It looks like Enter is sent two times. First to save a new task and second to open edition dialog for a selected task

This is indeed related to the update. Should be easy to fix. Thanks for taking the time to report.

Yes, there is definitely something wrong with scrolling.
Sometimes when I use up/down keys to move through the project list the screen is “scrolling with me” even if I am on the very top items. As a result, the screen is scrolling faster than I switch to the next items and suddenly I lose selection on the screen.

I hope I described this clear enough.

Basically, using the up/down buttons automatically affects the scrollbar position. Because it’s a standard way applications work (you can try it in any application with a scroll).

My best suggestion is to use j/k, for now, if possible. These buttons don’t have this issue and they are more convenient as well!

Hi, this update also seems not to work on MacOS Catalina? For some reason the program worked fine until I updated and now it won’t open unfortunately. Does this happen to anyone else?

This was not reported so far. Does reverting to the previous version help?

For me it works fine on latest macOS

There is inconsistency with naming sections within projects. When we use global ‘All’ filter then the next actions are under a section called Next which is correct in my opinion. Within the project, the next actions are under a section called Actions. I suggest to change it to Next also. The list that is dedicated to the next actions is also called Next, not Actions.

In the iOS app used name is Next not Actions.

Sorry about that – I thought Apple wouldn’t let me open it, but it was only giving me a warning that it couldn’t check it for malicious software. It runs fine, thanks.

This has been implement for the next release. Scroll position, cursor position, and section collapse settings will all be restored during navigation.

2 Likes

There is very counterintuitive behavior with lists filtering. When we choose a filter tag within one list like the Next list then this tag is active when we switch to a different list. What is even less intuitive is this filter is active when we use the global filter from the left side panel. For excample we choose global filter 'All" but it doesn’t show all items because the previous filter that we chose within a list is still active.

I think this behavior will become more clear once we fix the filter panel in place, so that the filters are always visible regardless of scroll position. This is about to be released. What else would you suggest?

I believe the global filter should be paramount.
When we use it all other filters should be cleared.

1 Like

I’m not so sure. It used to work like that many versions back (unintentionally). But there were many complaints about filters getting reset so it was fixed. So resetting the filter again is definitely not an option. There might be a better solution but I don’t see one so far.

maybe an option within the app settings which allows I switch between two filters behaviors?

I was wondering what the icon which is next to each project name means. Don’t you think that there should be different icons for sequential and parallel projects?

Edit:
The order of appearing lists within the project is like this: Next, Waiting, Scheduled, Someday which means:
Next → my tasks
Waiting → not my tasks
Scheduled → my task

I suggest changing the order to:
Next → my tasks
Scheduled → my tasks
Waiting → not my tasks

When each section is really long then it is not comfortable to look at only my tasks. I know that a can collapse the Waiting section but the current sequence is a little bit confusing.

The other thing is inside the new item/edit form.
The lists (top right corner) that we can ascribe an item to are sorted as Next, Someday, Waiting, Schedule.

There should be a logical consistency.

A post was split to a new topic: Agenda / agendas view

I have just noticed that the same issue occurs with choosing the tags box when we use up/down keys to move through the tag list.

This was fixed for 1.2.18