Everdo Feature Ideas

Thank you for elaboration. I will add “Share list as text” to the list of Android app improvements.

1 Like

The Group by setting definitely needs to be persistent. This detail was missed during initial development of the feature and now the improvement is in the queue.

The “collapse” is not actually a setting because it can be changed for every item individually. The way it works is just by making all visible items collapse or expand one time.

1 Like

Thanks! I will take a look.

Ok, but each time when I open the app all items are “expanded”.

1 Like

NextCloud sync (through Webdav so I can choose a specific app-folder).

I’m pretty new to Everdo so I’m not sure about all the features and such yet, though my first impression is really good of this app. For syncing I would like to suggest to be able to add NextCloud sync using Webdav. This would give me more control of my data since I would store it on my own server, rather than having to trust your server, or not being able to sync between my PC and phone when my PC is off (which it is quite often), but I would still like to have all my data backed-up.

The reason I’m asking for WebDav specifically is that WebDav gives me full control in which folder I want to store the data. This means I could have something like “Software/Everdo” on my Server and all Everdo data would be stored inside this specific folder. A good example is OpenTodoList on Gitlab.

It would be even more awesome to have the same ability as in OpenTodoList to set up several different workspaces somehow, so I share one workspace, and have on workspace that is my own. Eg. Share one workspace with my girlfriend as an example of our grocery list.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: “Tomorrow”-section in scheduling view

Something I always wished for in a Todo app for Android is a Widget that looks like a search bar. Eg. something that looks like google search, but instead of searching it saves tasks inside of my todo list (in a default list, I guess Inbox for this app. :)) This would be such a nice feature since I would just be able to incredibly fast add a new todo on my phone without even entering the app.

Would even be better if it were a floating button.

Check out an app called IdeaNote. It has a floating input button and the text can be quickly shared to Everdo inbox. It is essentially the thing that you are looking for.

Another Android app I recommend is Clipo which does the same thing with the advantage of managing your clipboard as well.

I understand the appeal of a file-based syncing. For example I store all my notes and project plans in mostly plain text files in a git repo. Unfortunately it was initially determined that file-based approach is not optimal for Everdo data, where conflict resolution is required on a property level and there are references between items. So today supporting this would mean

a) a huge effort across all platforms which would delay important functional improvements
b) extra difficulty in adding new features that might affect the data schema / syncing

1 Like

In generic terms I call this Quick Capture and it’s definitely one of the most requested mobile features. It will be added eventually. Not sure which specific design will be adapted, but the purpose is to capture inbox items with as little distraction as possible.

2 Likes

This makes sense! Thanks for the answer.

On Android you could implement the Google assistant command “OK Google take a note…”

Probably the easiest way would be a shortcut which directly triggers a new input. See https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/shortcuts

There are only a couple to choose from.

1. floating bubble (my favorite)
  2. permanent notification
  3. widget
  4. long press icon
  5. gesture on home button or power button

Are there more than this?

For me the best way to implement this feature is to add a quick setting tile like Todoist.

This way no floating bubble all the time but only two click from any app to take a quick capture :slight_smile:

1 Like

Archive:

I would like to have an option to export archived entries (with selectable date-range) into several external databases to archive them offline (not only the option to load only the last 90 days). As a second step it would be cool to have an archive reader (or everdo coul load an archive for viewing) to view this archives without loading the current database.

Documentation:

It would also be cool to see the date (perhaps time) when I checked the done checkmark for every item (for documentation at work)

Are you taking about “share to Everdo inbox”?

This already exists.

No I don’t talk about sharing.

On android you can add button to statut bar like this

So you swipe once to open notification then you have access to the button.

1 Like

This is something I wasn’t even aware existed, despite using Android for years.

2 Likes

What do you mean external databases? Please note that there’s a sqlite database file where you can access all the items, including the archived ones.