[Fixed] Dragging an item into a particular project

I am seeing a problem specifically when re-arranging tasks via drag-and-drop.

If during drag-and-drop my mouse stays within the task list area, all is good.

If, while dragging and dropping an item, I move outside the task area, for example in the left side-panel, even by a single pixel, then I can no longer drop my item between other tasks. I have to let it go, and then drag it again, carefully ensuring I don’t move outside of the confines of that panel.

This is annoying, because:

• The handle is very close to the panel limits. It’s easy to move just a few pixels to the left, and invalidate my dragging and dropping
  • When I have to re-arrange a tasks, I usually have to scroll all the way up or down. It’s easy for the mouse to move far away when doing these kind of broad movements.

I can consistently reproduce it on my client(MacOS 10.14.6 / EverDo 1.2.17). Let me know if you want me to produce a screen capture of it.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

This was fixed and will come out soon.

3 Likes

Hello Andrei, was it solved or not? I can still reproduce it in version 1.2.18. thanks

Yes, it is better but still possible to reproduce it.

Ok thanks for info. Hopeffuly next version will solve it😉.

I thought it was fixed. Probably didn’t get all the cases. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having a hard time reproducing this issue again. Could you please outline the required steps ?

When I slowly move an item to the project list, catch a green border (on a particular project) and slowly move back to the list then it works correctly - item stays as it was. But when I move an item around the side panel many times (changing the potential drop place) then it always goes somewhere - even if I move back to the list.
When I tried to reproduce this I got errors that I sent within the app.

It is hard for me to describe this in English. My apologies.

Yes I have the same experience.

I’m trying to do what you describe, but it seems to work fine.
drag-defect

Is it possible that you are actually dropping the item at some time while hovering over the navigation section? Are you using a mouse? If so, could you try using a touchpad to drag an item and see if anything is different?

I use only the touchpad but plugged a mouse and experienced the same issue.
How do you create this animation? Maybe I can create my own which could help you figure out what causes that behaviour?

I use https://github.com/phw/peek to record gifs.

Unfortunately, it is only for Linux.
I have recorded my screen as a movie.
Here is the link:

Very often during these “exercises”, I get errors that I sent within the app.

This is very helpful, thank you!

Hi Andrei,
another video from me. Same situation like Mateusz.

I found that it works well without errors in version 1.2.15. I will stay in this version until no prob ver.

Thank you all. So far the only condition where I could make this issue occur is when I drag an item to the sidebar, but then try to return it to a different list in the main view. Then the dropzone in the sidebar gets “stuck” and the item gets dropped there. But if I return the item to the original list, it always works.

There is still some issue with dragging and dropping. (this also causes the error message)
dragdrop

1 Like

Yes, it’s better but it’s still there

I get that exact same dragging-and-dropping issue every single day. Reordering tasks only seems to work ~50% of the time for me. Also, even when it works, dragging-and-dropping just looks much better in Andrei’s gif than for you or me. (Actions being dragged stay opaque for him, but ours turn transparent.) Not sure if it’s because I use Windows 7.

I will do additional testing on Windows, maybe it is indeed related.

1 Like