[Fixed] Installation Aborted

Hi! I’ve been using Everdo for quite some time now, but when attempting to upgrade to the latest releases (1.3.6 and 1.3.8), the installation immediately aborts within the wizard.

I had additionally uninstalled Everdo and removed the config files (backed up to a different folder temporarily). The installation continues to immediately abort when the installation begins (step in the wizard with the progress bar).

I did get it working eventually by doing the following two things (I don’t know if both were necessary)

• Reinstalled 1.3.5
  • Ran (then exited) 1.3.5
  • Deleted the generated everdo folder and replaced it with my backup, renaming the folder from Everdo to everdo (I wasn’t sure if the casing could be the cause of the failure to upgrade)

Everything is working great now, but wanted to share this in case any one is experiencing this issue.

Glad it worked. This issue is cased by a bug in the old version of the app that prevents upgrading in some cases. In case anyone else gets this issue, it can be fixed by following these steps:

1. Go to “Add or remove programs”, search for “Everdo” and try uninstalling all versions that you find there.
  2. Open the Registry Editor, go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
  3. Review all sub-folders that look like 076eb7df-9a10-4e5f-9be4-8c7e1e732c8d or {076eb7df-9a10-4e5f-9be4-8c7e1e732c8d} or similar (there can be different values), and remove the ones that have values related to Everdo. For example in the picture below, the folder 91bf... has keys related to Everdo since DisplayName is Everdo 1.3.6. So this folder has to be removed to finalize uninstall properly.

1. Now try installing the new version - it should work this time.
1 Like