How EVERDO vs Omnifocus?

Please share with me your thoughts & thank you

I’m not too familiar with Omnifocus, but Everdo is just perfectly tailored for GTD. I used to be on outlook then on to-do and NIRVANA, but still came back to everdo. The UI, inline commands, quick capture, keyboard shortcuts are unsurpassed.

1 Like

From my point of view, if you locked in Apple ecosystem - Omnifocus is a great app. But I am using Windows based PC’s most of time, so Everdo is a winner here. And your data is yours, you have local copy, you have export in text format, so no problem here.
I used Omnifocus 3 for several years on my iPhone and tried Omnifocus for Web, but most time I am near my Windows laptop and Omnifocus is loosing here vs Eevrdo. Comparing features - Everdo is missing some features from OmniFocus, but core GTD is here, sync is working locally if you want, mobile clients for iOS and Android, desktop App. And on top of that: one time Pro purchase for all of yours devices.
For me: Everdo is a winner, especially looking at OmniFocus 4 (twice the price vs version 3 due to the inlusion of Mac version I don’t need at all, lagging UI and not so much new features vs 3rd version).

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed response, greatly appreciated. :grinning:

I had this question too and recently moved to iOS/macOS and tried out Omnifocus. If you only every touch Apple devices, Omnifocus would be a great option. I think anything you can do Everdo you can do in Omnifocus and vice versa. It’s mildly cheaper than Everdo ($75 vs $80) and encrypted sync is included. However, if you ever use non-Apple devices, you’re stuck with $5 per month to use an only semi-functional web app that doesn’t cut it in my mind. Also, the premium features are locked behind a whopping $150 price tag or a $10/month subscription. That being said, I actually think the Everdo interface is leaps and bounds better than the Omnifocus interface. This is a common complaint in the Omnifocus forums: that the interface is intimidating and out-dated and that the recent release of Omnifocus 4 didn’t really address that. I feel like Everdo is just as powerful as Omnifocus and easier to use with a much cleaner interface. And the deal-breaker for me is that I need cross-platform support so I’m back to Everdo.

1 Like