[iOS] Crash when doing a clean pull

I’m currently using network sync to keep my PC and iPad/iPhone in sync. My Windows PC is obviously the server.

Sometimes repeating tasks don’t get synchronized properly, which makes them appear twice even after having been marked as completed. This was getting messy so I decided to try to do a clean pull on my iOS devices in the hopes that would get rid of the duplicates.

However, when I try to use the option ‘Clean pull’, the app crashes both on my iPad & iPhone.

Is that a bug or there’s something wrong with my data that’s making it crash?

I will investigate and get back to you.

1 Like

I was able to produce the crash in the testing environemt. Looks like the pull actually does finish, but then the success notification crashes the app. Does this match your experience?

Thanks Andrei. I disabled auto-sync and made a test. You are right, the pull happens before the crash. That makes me not care about the crash after all!

That didn’t have the effect I was hoping for but it was a long shot anyways. I should just go back to ESS sync to avoid the duplicates with repeated tasks and stop complicating it.

Thanks for looking into this.

Could you please describe the duplicates bug you are experiencing with the network sync?

The problem is that I don’t know why it happens or how. I am having difficulties to find a patters, so it’s difficult to explain. But I know it’s related to recurring tasks.
Basically I can have a task that happens daily and is due that day, for example. I mark it as complete on my iPhone. The next day I may open the app on my iPad and that task is still there, showing as overdue now. That’s what I mean by ‘duplicate’ - need to mark it as complete or delete it again.
I don’t know how to reproduce it because it doesn’t always happen, or I haven’t found what exactly makes it happen.