Keyboard shortcuts questions (Updated title since I found some more I would like to ask about)

Hello! So I’m a heavy keyboard user and almost never leave my keyboard unless I have to use the mouse. :smiley: Now after using Everdo for a bit of time there are some shortcuts I haven’t found. I’m not sure if they aren’t in the app or I’m just not finding them.

1. Toggle a task to done
  2. Move a task up or down (e.g. something like in VS Code where you hold down ALT+Arrow key to move the full line of text up or down), is there something similar in Everdo? This is something I would really like since I have most “Projects” as Sequential, so when I’m doing a braindump in a project I can then later sort the task without going away from my keyboard.
  3. Delete a task
  4. Edit a project I’m currently in. I’m wondering if there is a simple way to edit the project I’m currently inside (not adding new tasks, but updating the title, adding notes etc.) without having to click the title with my mouse? I know there is a way in the Project List, but when I’m inside a project it looks like I can only quickly edit my “Next Actions”

Space

Not yet, but will be Alt+arrow will be added.

x

There’s no shortcut for this, but sometimes you can go back to the Projects list by pressing backspace, edit the project directly, and go back inside with alt+enter

Thanks! I didn’t see them in the help screen so I wasn’t aware of them!

+1 for this to be implemented! Not only for tasks, but for projects too.

Actually I joined the forum to request this feature. Thanks in advance!

1 Like