[Resolved] Encrypted Sync Service Downtime

I regret to inform you that at the moment the Encrypted Sync Service is experiencing temporary connectivity issues caused by the upstream service provider.

Right now we are working to get the service back online as soon as possible. It could take several hours.

After the issue is resolved we will take all reasonable steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again. All affected accounts will be extended.

1 Like

It is 17.08.2020, 10:15 CEST and all my devices seem to not sync anymore.

The sync area on the website is also not loading.

BTW, I am not sure if this kind of message goes here.

Regards, Jörn

Hello,

I’m trying to create an account for Online Sync, but sync.everdo.net doesn’t seem to work.

According to sync.everdo.net down? Current problems and status., it seems to really be down.

Can someone please assist here? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is perfectly understood, in my case the extension is not necessary. Thanks for the great work!

The issue has been resolved. Thank you for patience. The extensions will be implemented soon.

Please let me know if your account has been negatively affected by this incident.

If possible could you give us some technical insight on the root cause?

Sure, it’s quite simple.

The hosting provider of the ESS went offline for about 3 hours because of a network issue. While 100% availability is impossible, a 3-hour downtime is quite rare and is not normal. Most outages are expected to last minutes. This time a whole region was down, which took offline the load balancer and the database server of the sync service.

To avoid such incidents it’s possible to replicate the database across different data centers and provide a backup application server in case the primary load balancer goes offline.