Tag gets removed during sync


#1

It happens sometimes, when I add a tag to todo, after a couple of seconds everdo removes the tag. If I remove the problematic todo, and add it again, then the tag remains. I think the problem is somewhere around the sync. Other than that, there is no problem with the sync, it works properly.

Everdo version: 1.2.8 Pro
I use Encripted Sync Sevices.

I know, it’s not a lot of information, so I ask: what information do you need to find the bug, and what do I have to do, to provide those? I’m a software developer, I understand technical jargon, and I can carry out more advanced, technical tasks, if you need. Just tell me what do you need.


#2

Thank you for reporting! The following details would help:

  1. Does this happen on desktop or mobile or both?
  2. Does this happen to newly created or old items?
  3. Does this happen with any tag or just specific ones?
  4. Roughly how often do you get this in % of all tag edits

In general, any pattern you might notice with the circumstances when the bug occurs vs when it doesn’t occur, will be helpful.

Just to be sure, the app versions should be at least 1.2.6 on Desktop and 0.80.0+ on Android.


#3
  1. It happened both on Linux and Android. I manage my to-dos on the desktop. There I noticed this behaviour. Every time I added the tag, after a couple of seconds (a minute, maybe) removed the tag. I didn’t see added tag on my Android, either. It looked like, the server overwrites my local settings.
  2. I noticed this two times. First time, it solved the problem, when I deleted the problematic to-do items, the second time, I deleted and created the tag, that solved the problem, too.
  3. It only happened with one specified tag.
  4. I don’t edit the tags that much, and I don’t have much tags. It’s hard to say, but I think below 10%.

I didn’t notice any pattern. For me, it looked like there was some sync data inconsistency, and it kept overwriting my local settings with settings from the server. It’s a hunch, I don’t have any proof of that.

I don’t remember the Android version, but the desktop version was 1.2.8 Pro (as it is written in the first post)

At the moment it works perfectly, and I saw that the last release contained some sync related fixed. It might also solved my problem. I suggest to “close” this, if I encounter the problem again, I try to collect more information, and open a new bug for it.