To launch a 2nd desktop application with different database

2/ update following a problem :
I restarted the file for the v1.5.2 (pro) appimage version since I couldn’t manage to shift to v1.5.3 (pro).

I managed to install a backup after my old data loss message but strangely enough, I’m in dark mode and I haven’t been able to make a json backup.
I don’t know if it’s related but I crashed my computer several times under ubuntu 20.04 today ! Everdo is in permanent use
@+
ps: I don’t know if it’s possible but it would be nice to sort by last addition/modification

Sorry I have trouble following what the problem is.

Could you please write what is working and what is not?

Hi
The application seems to work except for saving in json format.
The computer freezes (no more ubuntu login possible, save as json …) since I switched to everdo 1.5.2 !!
Regards

It should not usually be possible for any application to crash Ubuntu. You can always try reverting to an older version and see if that helps.

1/ I’m going to do several more tests without using everdo to see if the computer is still freezing?

Can you answer the other question. How do I upgrade from v1.5.2 to v1.53 since I replaced the path but it doesn’t launch v1.5.3? Please tell me what I should change in the path or take into account?
( Dark Theme, New Keyboard Shortcuts And Usability Improvements - Everdo 1.5.3- Everdo )

2/ Since I upgraded to v1.5.2, I crashed the computer 3 times when I wanted to make a json backup! Do you reproduce this problem ?

3/ and finally the scynhronization problem with the android application that I downloaded apk 1.2

Regards

Please explain specifically what you did and what happened.

No. If the operating system is crashing, it might be helpful to look at the system logs.

Did you try quick the quick pairing workflow? What specifically goes wrong?

I can now confirm that in the next desktop update there will be an option to specify the data directory as a command line argument. For example you will be able to launch two apps as simple as this

$ everdo --multiInstance 
$ everdo --multiInstance --dataDir /home/user/.config/everdo-2

Hi,
Which version do you mean: snap? deb?
Because at the moment it works well for me with 2 appimage :slight_smile: .

HOME="/media/.../Everdo-portable/" "/media/.../Everdo-portable"/Everdo-1.5.3.AppImage --multiInstance

if you could tell me how to put it in the ubuntu launcher? because I didn’t succeed!

Just I don’t see the icon in the ubuntu bar and impossible to move the icon (but can it be appimage ?).
Capture d’écran de 2021-02-12 12-03-11

It will now be supported by the application directly so it will work for all package types, not just AppImage.

Does it work when running the deb package?

HI
Yes the automatic launch worked with “.deb”.
For appImmage I pointed to the previous file:
“/media/…/Everdo-portable/everdo-launching”

HI,
Did you also take note of these questions?
Would this be possible now or later?

I think this problem is specific to AppImage on Ubuntu and it should go away when you move back to deb (after it supports multiple application instances).