I would like to separate my tasks in areas of focus. The traditional Life Areas do not seem to work too great for me, I would like some examples or advice of how other people use it.
Since I cannot really work with scheduling tasks in advance on certain days (tried that in Todoist, and one bad or busy day and my whole schedule is messed up).
I want to start designating time blocks to a certain day where I know in advance what type of work I will be doing. This can be reflected in areas as I can narrow down on what the actions are in that area.
Sofar I came up with these areas;
- +Family - Tasks my family wants from me (chores, stuff to do)
- +Personal - Personal projects
- +Household - Recurring chores, things around the house, cleaning
- +Leisure - Stuff to do when there is free time
- +Relationships - Stuff to do with either my wife, friends or other people I hold dear
- +Maintenance - (thinking about this one) - Projects and tasks to fix things in and around the house
I have labels across all areas, like computer, admin etc. Work is on a separate EverDo instance.
Do you guys have any tips on approaching a time blocked system where areas can be used to pick from?