Email importing

It seems it isn’t possible to import emails into Everdo, right? I’d be looking for a functionality to forward emails to @everdo.net, alternatively handling this through IFTTT/Zapier. Are there any such plans?

Drag-drop email, URLs to create tasks

It would be a great improvement!

I’m not sure about OP, but dragging and dropping web browser links or links from Outlook would actually be preferable for me.

Like many mid-big businesses I work entirely in Microsoft products, so being able to drag an email from Outlook into Everdo and have it create a task. My Life Organized and Swift To Do List both do this, IIRC.

Dragging from Outlook is also an improvement, but a different one.

Email importing allows you to setup automated process to a much greater extent (I use for example Outlook quick-actions to automate several steps, Taskclone to import Evernote-tasks and more).

Dragging from Outlook adds the advantage of the email-id being copied so you can open it directly.

I see these as complementing features, not competing ones. And email import is essential in order for your todo-app not to live in its own world.

There are a few other topics discussing integration options. I would like Everdo to work with other apps as much as possible, but don’t have a specific solution for now. All options will be considered, including Email, IFTTT, API, etc.

Thumbs up for email drag and drop

Any other apps implement this? Want to get a better idea of the UX.

For example MyLifeOrganized does this (it also does email import which is a standard among all task managers).

Thanks, I’ll take a look!

Hi Andrei!

At first - thanks for creating such simple, practical and nice tool like EverDo is!

To the point - There’s a way how to enable references to Outlook objects like Emails - look for “outlook:GUID” URI scheme - which is used e.g. by ToDoList by AbstractSpoon Software and works for me in Outlook 2016 @ Win10 - when I drag Outlook object into the task record, this special hyperlink is inserted there.

Workaround for me would be to generate these outside EverDo (e.g via VBA) or use helper utilities like Linker™ for Windows® by TeamScope Software (is disappearing now)

Note:
It may require extra Outlook configuration to be fully functional depending on the user situation (to enable the scheme, switch off warnings or enforce usage of existing instance instead of the opening new one)

References:
https://superuser.com/questions/71786/can-i-create-a-link-to-a-specific-email-message-in-outlook
https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-wiki/wiki/Create-Hyperlinks-to-Outlook-Messages-in-Zim
or search the web for “outlook:guid” or “microsoft 158135” keywords…

Does opening a link in the format outlook://GUID work correctly? I mean opening in the browser.

Unfortunately, this simply cannot be implemented in Everdo because of a limitation in underlying technology. An alternative way to add such items to Everdo could be via a script in Outlook that utilizes an Everdo API endpoint (once it’s released).

The outlook://GUID links are being opened directly in the desktop Outlook app thanks to proper URI handling (either by OS or TaskMgmt app). When I try to open them in the browser it fails, at minimum in IE and FF (= they don’t know how handle this “protocol”).

Thanks for fast reply. Then I need to stick with AbstractSpoon’s ToDolist for my corp work.

Best regards,
Jan