Everdo for iOS updates and testing feedback

Just recently we have implemented “remembering” scroll position in the Desktop app, so having this behavior in the iOS app is consistent as well.

Ok, so maybe there should be a behavior dependent on the list that you are looking at at the time when you click on the list name on the side panel. If you click on the different list then it’s ok to restore the scroll position but when you click on the list that is already opened then it should be scrolled to the top position. What do you think?

When I have a weekly/monthly/yearly repeated task and try to open its repeating options the app freezes. I can always reproduce this.

Edit:
On iPad it works. On my iPhone XS it freezes all the time

I would like to suggest making notes section larger - within task options. Now it is really small with comparison to other sections. Definitely the current layout is very good so maybe there should be an additional easy option to open notes as larger window?

Is the ability to collapse notes still coming to the iOS app?

There will be a bigger area for note editing, probably as a new screen.

This is indeed in scope, but it probably won’t make it into the first release.

Fix coming out today.

Sometimes when I use search function from Focus list I get empty results but when I pull down the screen then results scroll down. It looks like searching results are scrolled to the top and they are hidden.

Edit
It happens only on iPhone. I can’t reproduce this on iPad.

Edit 2
It happens on every list

Hello @Andrei,

Recently I’ve moved to iOS and I’m trying to sync the iOS beta with the encrypted service (I have a subscription for it). I’ve filled in the password with a password manager and manually but it’s always rejecting me.

With the same credentials I can log in to Login - Everdo Sync Service with no problem. BTW, if I want to change that password, how can I do it?

What can be wrong? Any clue?

When we have a list with many tasks which include link in notes then after closing edit dialog of one task there is a quick flash because all links are black and change to green.

Since few days I am experiencing many lags during scrolling the screen. Mostly the screen freezes and suddenly scrolls like crazy because of my previous trying. There is no permanent freezings and the screen always brings back to life.

I have encountered a strange error. When I paste this note to the task and press Enter to add a new note line the app crashes.

Note:

:outbox_tray: Get Clear

• inbox
  • email

:white_check_mark: Get Current

• calendar
  • actions lists
  • projects list

:bulb: Get Creative

• areas of focus
  • someday list

Edit:
Another issue.

There is something wrong with date picker. After Dec 2020 we have again Jan 2020 instead of 2021. February 2021 is ok. Again after Dec 2021 we have Jan 2021 instead of 2022. Further dates aren’t available.

Thanks for all this feedback!

Do you have any more information on this? Is it still happening?

Confirmed, this does happen sometimes for some reason.

It seems it has gone. Strange…

When I have a repeated task and when try to change its state eg to next or someday the app crashes

Confirmed, will be fixed soon.

After today’s update both issues still exist.

The calendar defect should be resolved in the next update.

The note crash could not be reproduced. A few details would be very helpful. Does it happen on a specific device? Does it happen only when pasting vs typing the same text?

I also found a cause of the scrolling issue reported earlier, so that should be resolved with the update as well.

The calendar issue is fixed.

When it comes to note crash it happens on iPhone XS and iPad pro.
I can create a new task, paste that note and after pressing enter the app crashes. Please note that within the note are emojis icons. Maybe this is a problem?

In today’s iOS release on an iPhone 11 Pro Max I’m seeing immediate crashing when attempting to change the area