Synchronisation not possible

HI

I have read https://help.everdo.net/docs/sync/ess/#quick-pairing-of-mobile-devices
I made a lot of tests, notably by downloading again everdo appImage, I installed the last android apk version, downloaded the version via google play …

When I read the QR code with the smartphone, I get an error message telling me to go to settings->sync->pair mobile device
on my way to this place, I have a message
“This computer could not sync with the Encrypted Sync Service. It can’t be used to pair other devices.”

I tried last week to do it manually without success.
When I set up the sync a year ago, I got it right the first time.

In the app
It seems to me that everything is good on the desktop application side. It is well registered and synchronized
At the bottom of the SYNC configuration tab, I have the message
“Encryption key mismatch Thu Jan 07 2021 11:51:18 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)”

Regards
smartphone: Honor 10 view + android 10

Are you sure your computer is syncing? The warning indicates that it doesn’t. This is why it cannot pass valid configuration to your phone. Please try verifying that yourself, but if you can’t then PM me your ESS email address and I will looks at the logs.

Normally you would need to resolve the encryption key mismatch issue on your computer and then try mobile pairing.

To understand how to fix the mismatch, please read the troubleshooting section at https://help.everdo.net/docs/sync/ess/#the-encryption-key-mismatch-error

Hi
Well that didn’t immediately solve my problem but by trying I finally managed to pair the 2 devices (probably I wasn’t connected to sync on the smartphone anymore).
I have now
a) everdo 1.5.3 appImage on computer with my data
b) everdo 1.1.7 via google play (not the latest apk version) with example data

I have read the doc but a doubt with my English on the terms devices
I want to synchronise the 2 devices but overwriting all the data on the smartphone. Which button?
b) appendix: this means that I will be able to restore on a computer (with an example version of everdo) the data of the android application of this new device?

Regards

1. On the computer go to sync settings and press Push
  2. On the phone go to sync settings and press Clean Pull (settings -> manual sync actions -> clean pull)

After these steps your phone should have the same data as the computer.

Hello
a) ok it worked … pretty much
I have done it twice and each time there are still the demonstration examples on the smartphone.
Unless I get a tip from you, I’ll have to delete them manually.

You did not answer the 2nd question. Is it possible?
b) appendix: this means that I will be able to restore on a computer (with an example version of everdo) the data of the android application of this new device?
Regards